WELCOME TO CANADA. THEY DO WALK THE TALK ESPECIALLY WHERE FAMILY IS CONCRENED and that's what matters most.
What are the benefits of getting Canada Permanent Residency and/or Citizenship?
1) Power PASSPORT. No visa required to the USA, Great Britain, Europe, Australia, Singapore and all countries that matter!
2) if you are looking to start a family and you are a working mother who has worked for at least 6 months or more, then you will be eligible for ONE YEAR PAID maternity leave which you can extend. This is calculated based on your income. The father is eligible if you want to split some months for him too.
3) FREE HEALTHCARE via out taxes. No double paying for healthcare on your pay Check and then copay at the Doctor like in the USofA. this is particularly advantageous for those with kids. No more ER bills.
4) if you are a CATHOLIC then welcome to free elementary and high school funded by our taxes. At least you save on that money and know your child is not how to pray and respect the Bible. There are public funded schools too and private if you wanna pay.
5) KINDERGARTEN is FREE and fully funded at age 4 thus saving you two years of paying for kindergarten such as most places in the USA.
6) if you have kids you will be paid a MONTHLY stipend for kids upto age 18 by the Federal government of Canada (direct deposit). These payments are calculated based on your combined family income. The more you earn the less you get. The less you earn the more you get.
7) if you contribute into your Child Education savings account, it is known as RESP (I think it is in the range of $3,000 a year), then the government tops up some payments to these accounts. This is to encourage parents to save for University education for their kids.